The Department of Labour is endowed with the responsibility to get all the shops and commercial establishments, which come under the jurisdiction of the Government of Karnataka, registered under Labour laws. The Department of Labour also looks after the renewal, amendments and surrender of these registrations.
This Act to regulate the employment of contract labour in certain establishments and to provide for abolition of contract labour in certain circumstances and for other connected matters.
It extends to the whole of India and applies to every establishment or every contractor in which 20 or more workers are employed or were employed on any day of the preceding 12 months as contract labour registration is compulsory to employ contract labour.
Documents Required for Labour Registration
- Scanned Copy of Business Place Rental Agreement
- Scanned Copy of Business Place Rental Electricity Bill
- Scanned Copy of Shops & Establishment Certificate
- Scanned Copy of Proprietor Address Proof (DL/Voter ID/Passport/Aadhar card)
- Scanned Copy of Authorization Person ID Proof – PAN (If Applicable)
- Others if any..