Import Export (IE) Code is a registration required for persons importing or exporting goods and services from India. IE Code is issued by the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT), Ministry of Commerce and Industries, Government of India. IE Codes when issued can be used by the entity throughout its existence and doesn’t require any renewal or filing. Therefore, it is recommended for most organizations to obtain IE Code, irrespective of if they need it at the moment.
IE Code application must be made to the Directorate General of Foreign Trade along with the necessary supporting documents. Once, the application is submitted, DGFT will issue the IE Code for the entity in 15 – 20 working days or less.
Documents Required for IEC Registration
- Scanned Copy of Partnership Deed
- Scanned Copy of Firm Certificate
- Scanned Copy of Firm PAN
- Scanned Copy of All Partners ID Proof
- Scanned Copy of Authorization Person ID Proof
- Covering Letter New/Amendment with documents list
- Scanned Copy of Business Place Rental Agreement
- Scanned Copy of Business Place Rental Electricity Bill
- Scanned Copy of All Partners House Rental Agreement & Electricity bill or Tax Paid Bill
- Others if any…