Employee’s State Insurance (ESI) is a self-financing social security and health insurance scheme for Indian workers. For all employees earning INR 15000 or less per month as wages, the employer contributes 4.75 percentages and employee contributes 1.75 percentage, total share 6.5 percentage. This fund is managed by the ESI Corporation (ESI) according to rules and regulations stipulated therein the ESI Act 1948, which oversees the provision of medical and cash benefits to the employees and their family through its large network of branch offices, dispensaries and hospitals throughout India. ESI is an autonomous corporation under Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India. But most of the dispensaries and hospitals are run by concerned state governments.
Documents Required for ESI Registration
- Form 01 Employer’s Registration (may be obtained from ESI Office)
- List of minimum 10/20 Employees with their DOJ and Rate of Salary
- Memorandum & Articles of Association with Certificate of Incorporation/Partnership Deed as applicable.
- Copy of PAN
- Bank a/c existing Certificate
- Copy of Vat Registration
- Copy of Factory/Shop & Comm. Est. Registration
- DD/Cheque for Six month advance contribution (Optional)
- Declaration Form of each employees along with their 2 Postcard size photographs (Optional)
- Others if any…